Here`s a blog from a Coop-Student with a Chiropractor in Mississauga…
- Friction trauma from myospasm and overuse
- Instability or hypermobility of hip
- Sleeping on the hip for long periods of time
Signs and Symptoms:
- Pain and tenderness posterior/lateral to greater trochanter
Muscles/ Joints Affected:
- Piriformis, Gluteus Maximus, Gluteus Minimus, Quadratius Femoris
- Rest- avoid/ reduce activity
- Electrotherapy (IFC)
- Ice if painful
- Massage therapy- gluteal and ITB stretching and ART (Active Release Techniques) Acupuncture and Ultrasound Therapy
Step Ups – Climbing Stairs
- Lay down on the ground and keep legs straight and loose.
- Raise legs and hold for 15 seconds.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Stand and cross one leg over the other with both feet on the ground
- Lean to the side you have stepped toward
- repeat both sides 3 times
- Sit on the ground with your leg and feet straight in front of you.
- Lift one leg over, bending at knee and placing the foot on the ground near your knee.
- 2 weeks – 3 months to heal
Visit our website at: www.dynamicchirohwc.com
Like us on facebook (click)