Here`s another blog by a Chiropractor in Mississauga…
On Saturday April 28, 2012, I participated in the Nashville Rock ‘n’ Roll Country Music Marathon. This was going to be my 10 marathon to date, and I was excited to be participating in my first Rock & Roll marathon race. Currently, there are Rock & Roll events all overNorth America and Europe.
The next North American Tour Stops include:
- Phoenix, Arizona (Jan 20/13)
- St. Petersburg, Florida (Feb 10/13)
- Pasadena, California (Feb 17/13)
- New Orleans, Louisiana(early March, 2013)
- Washington DC (Mar 16/13)
- Dallas, Texas (Mar 24/13)
- Nashville, Tennessee (Apr 27/13)
- Portland, Oregon (May 20/12)
- San Diego, California (Jun 3/12)
- Seattle, Washington (Jun 23/12)
- Chicago, Illinois (Jul 22/12)
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (Aug 4/12)
- Providence, Rhode Island (Aug 19/12)
- Virginia Beach, Virginia(Sept 2/12)
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Sept 16/12)
- Denver, Colorado (Sept 22/12)
- Montreal, Canada (Sept 23/12)
- San Jose, California(Oct 7/12)
- New York, New York (Oct 13/12)
- St. Louis, Missouri (Oct 21/12)
- Los Angeles, California (Oct 23/12)
- Savannah, Georgia (Nov 3/12)
- San Antonio, Texas (Nov 11/12)
- Miami Beach, Florida (Nov 18/12)
- Las Vegas, Nevada (Dec 2/12)
The next European Tour Stops include:
- Edinburgh, Scotland (Apr 14/13)
- Madrid, Spain (Apr 28/12)
- Lisbon, Portugal (Sept 30/12)
- Dublin, Ireland (Aug 5/13)
The race expo of the Nashville Rock ‘n’ Roll Country Music Marathon was quite big, similar size to Toronto’s Scotiabank Marathon or the Ottawa Marathon. I got myself a Nashville Marathon sports jacket, hoodie and a pair of Brooks ST-Racer running shoes. The new model of this shoe was a nicer black and red colour, compared to last year’s bright, loud orange.
The race itself was quite the challenge. There was a lot of hills, a lot of heat and as a result, I did a lot of walking. Entering the race, I wanted to run a respectable3:10or3:15. But with the morning start time temperatures already approaching 20 degrees Celsius, I knew this was going to be a tough task. As the race began I was greeted by many steep hills as we circled the city ofNashville, I was hoping that as we approached the outskirts of the city, that the flat roads would begin… It didn’t. Overall, I counted over 20 inclines throughout the entire marathon, from start to end, they never stopped.
The last few hills were around a golf course, not the best part of the course, yet I enjoyed it as I slowed to a walk with other over-heated runners. I did manage to run the last mile of the race and finished a slow 4:05 at LP Stadium (where the NFL Tennessee Titans play). I got my medal which was in the shape of a music record, and I slowly walked back to the hotel.
Overall, it was a fun marathon with a live music country band playing at every mile marker. Lots of enthusiastic spectators cheering us on throughout the race, and besides the steep hills, the scenery was great. Happy Running!
Visit our website at: www.dynamicchirohwc.com
Like us on facebook (click)