Presented by a Mississauga Chiropractor…
Do you want to rid the fat around your stomach?
It is impossible to spot reduce. We cannot specifically reduce the fat around any particular region of the body. To lose fat, more calories must be burned than consumed. If the body is in a caloric deficit, the body will lose fat in a manner which is predetermined by genetics. Individuals will typically lose weight in the same pattern as they gain the weight. There is no way to control this pattern. Performing crunches and other types of abdominal activities will minimally increase caloric burn. One of the best methods to decrease overall fat is by performing cardio activity and engaging in proper nutrition.
Do you want to increase calorie burn through strength training?
Some of the benefits of strength training include:
- Increased afterburn – High intensity strength training can actually help you burn extra calories for hours after your workout
- Prevents loss of lean body mass that happens from dieting and/or aging
- Burning calories – While strength training doesn’t burn as many calories in one sitting as cardio, it does contribute to your overall calorie expenditure
- Changes your body composition, which helps shape your body and keep you healthy
- Strengthens bones and connective tissue along with muscles
- Keeps you strong and active as you get older
- Improves coordination, balance and may help prevent injuries