Massage therapy is the manual manipulation of the body’s soft tissue structures, through a varietyof techniques ranging from rehabilitative to relaxing. The soft tissues include muscle, skin, tendons, fascia, ligaments and joint capsules.
With Massage Therapy the soft tissue’s function,flexibility and overall circulation increases. Through relaxing or stimulating techniques,helping you to achieve an overall feeling of well-being is your MassageTherapist’s primary goal.
The Benefits of Massage Therapy
Massage therapy can be beneficial to people of all ages and conditions and is widely used to help obtain relief from many specific problems, including:
- Inflammatory conditions such as arthritis and tendonitis
- Stress relief and associated conditions
- Headaches and migraines
- Muscle and related conditions such as spasms, strains and sprains
- Back pain
- Repetitive strain injury
- Circulatory and Respiratory problems
- Pregnancy and labour discomfort
- Post-injury and post surgical rehabilitation