Here’s another Blog by a Mississauga Chiropractor…
Throughout my adolescent life, I had always struggled with my weight. I bounced from one diet plan to the next, and as a result, also bounced from one weight to the next.
Now in my early 30s, I have left the crazy diet fads behind, and entered a regular eating routine that is both healthy and realistic. From a hefty 200 lbs, I have been able to maintain a trim 139 lb frame. This change didn’t happen over night. I had to use food strategies to change my meal mentalities.
Here are my secrets:
1. Instead of eating 3 large, meals a day:
- Eat 6 smaller meals a day (8:00am, 10:30am, 12:00pm, 2:30pm, 5:30pm and 8:00pm). We tend not to over eat when we aren’t starving before each meal.
2. Instead of eating a lot of carbohydrates & not enough vegetables:
- Cut your carbohydrate quantity in half and double your fruits & vegetables intake. Eat the fruits and vegetables first, so you aren’t as hungry when you eat your carbohydrates.
3. Instead of eating a lot of pastries or junk foods:
- Don’t deprive yourself of your favourite foods, because you may just end up craving those foods and then gorging on them when no one is looking. Instead, eat your favourite foods in moderation by eating half of your normal intake now, and then saving the other half for your next meal.
4. Instead of eating a lot of sweets or salty chips:
- Eat fruits such as peaches, oranges or plums to curb your sweet urges. Eat crunchy vegetables such as celery or baby carrots dipped in humus or peanut butter to curb your urge for chips.
5. Instead of consuming a lot of juice drinks or soda:
- Drink cold water instead of juice drinks & soda, which have a lot of empty calories. If you crave juices, eat fruits such as oranges, apples, peaches or plums.
6. Instead of eating a lot of fried meats:
- Use the oven, microwave or boil your meats. Frying your foods in oil increases the calorie content of the food
Visit our website at: www.dynamicchirohwc.com
Like us on facebook (click)